linux-libc-dev: use backport or vanilla?

Hello,

the recent backport of the 2.6.32 kernel packages included a backport
for linux-libc-dev. I am a bit confused as to which version of this
package I could/should use.

I found a number of sources indicating that I should always use the
version which was used to compile the C library with, but some of
those sources were horribly outdated (eg: the kernel-package docs) or
not entirely clear (eg: the upstream kernel README).

Is it safe to upgrade linux-libc-dev to 2.6.32, or should continue
using the vanilla 2.6.26? Personally, I don't care either way - I just
noticed this issue because I have all lenny-backports packages pinned
to 992, and when seeing linux-libc-dev, I vaguely remembered reading
something about the issue.

Please CC as I am not on the list.

Thanks!
Duoran