Re: Slony1 for postgresql 8.4

	Hi!

* Ingrid <rhonda@deb.at> [2010-02-24 20:29:02 CET]:
> * Martin Marques <mmarques@unl.edu.ar> [2010-02-24 19:54:43 CET]:
> > Would it be posible to have slony1 packages for postgresql-8.4 in backports?
>
>  I though I did that last week but somehow I missed that it was in
> source format 3 and thus got rejected (and I missed the reject mail, too).

 Given that I only seen requests for postgresql-8.4-slony1 (from Martin
and also in <http://bugs.debian.org/559146>) the version of slony1 that
I uploaded (and currently is stuck in NEW) to lenny-backports builds
against the postgresql-8.4 version from lenny-backports.

 That means the uploaded version from slony1 does *not* work with/for
postgresql-8.3 and thus is not to be confused with an updated version
for that. If you want to use slony1 with postgresql-8.3 please use the
slony1 version from lenny.

 If anyone has real reasons to want to have newer versions of slony1 for
postgresql-8.3 I would like to hear them. Otherwise I rather would like
to refrain from refactoring the slony1 package to be able to build _two_
versions, one for postgresql-8.3 and one for postgresql-8.4.

 Thanks,
Rhonda