Re: PHP4 Forward Port to Lenny

Martin Steigerwald <Martin@lichtvoll.de> writes:
> Am Mittwoch 10 Februar 2010 schrieb Russ Allbery:

>> reprepro is even nicer.  You can do things like automatically pull
>> uploads of arch: all packages into an unstable distribution to the
>> stable distribution, and it ensures that you don't shoot yourself in
>> the foot by having multiple distributions with different packages
>> having the same version number.

> Quite some creativity here in supporting someone to do something he
> shouldn't ;-).

I think you may have misunderstood.  reprepro applies more global
consistency checks to ensure that *doesn't* happen.  debarchiver treats
each distribution separately, so you can end up with packages in a sid
distribution and in a lenny distribution that have the same version number
but different contents unless you're careful about what you're doing.