Question regarding -v version in uploads

Hello

My last upload of "quagga" to lenny-backports got rejected with
"Changelog from stable missing in changes file.". I presume that this
relates to the following rule from:
http://www.backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=contribute

> Include all changelog entries since the last version on backports.org
> or since stable if it’s the first version. You should to this by
> passing “-v<version>” to dpkg-buildpackage. Eg: ‘debuild -sa
> -v0.7.5-2’, where ‘0.7.5-2’ is the version in stable.

In stable there is 0.99.10-1lenny2 but the lenny1 and lenny2 changelog
entries do not appear in the unstable changelog because those bugs were
fixed in the upstream releases 0.99.11 and 0.99.12.

So where should the excerpt of the unstable's changelog for the bpo
upload start? With the latest common version (0.99.10-1)?

bye,

-christian-