RE: PHP4 Forward Port to Lenny

> No, it cannot. Since there is a rule that backported package must be in testing.

I understand.

> Also as one of php5 maintainers in Debian I am strongly opposed to even propagating
> of using php4. It's unmaintained by upstream and most probably full of security holes.

I agree about security concerns about PHP4.

Maybe a lenny-"unsupported" as distribution suite can be created
for this kind of forward port so people can still have all
packages up to date and move from oldstable to stable and
be a little be more secure with other packages but keep on
using "unsupported" softwares until a solution if found.
(running it on localhost, private address space, etc.)

I did this port as "contrib" but more as a "unsupported-contrib"
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-archive.html

-- I know PHP4 is very old

Thank you for your feedback.

Best Regards,