RFS: dante-1.1.19.dfsg-3~bpo50+1

Hi,

(or should I be sending this to -mentors instead?)

In the past couple of weeks, I've had two users ask me about dante on
Lenny.  The dante package was removed from testing almost a year before
the release of Lenny, I adopted it a couple of months before the release,
but due to various build problems it took a couple of uploads to get it
in the right shape for testing migration - by which time it had missed
the Lenny release deadline.

So, I've taken the version currently in testing, added a one-line
changelog entry targetting lenny-backports, and built the package at:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/dante/dante_1.1.19.dfsg-3~bpo50+1.dsc

Now the above history makes me wonder whether I shouldn't build
the package with a -v parameter corresponding to the last version
that was in testing before it was removed - or maybe even the last
version that was in *any* Debian stable release - that would be etch?
That would be about 120 lines of changelog documenting 5 uploaded
versions.  I could do that if it is required, but it seems a bit weird
to me in this particular case.

I'd be grateful for any comments, although flying to Brussels tomorrow
might slow down my reaction time a bit.

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@space.bg    roam@FreeBSD.org
Key fingerprint	2EE7 A7A5 17FC 124C F115  C354 651E EFB0 2527 DF13