Care of your packages Was: Accepted dh-ocaml 0.4.1~bpo50+1 (source all)

Hi there,

this is meant as general problem and not regarded only to Romain, so no direct
fingerpointing, this is just meant as example.

Today I was working on a (private) backport and did need dh-ocaml, which is
not in stable. Looking on lenny-bpo I recognized, there is a package there ...
but unfortunately horrible outdated.

On Friday 22 May 2009 08:12:44 Romain Beauxis wrote:
>  dh-ocaml (0.4.1~bpo50+1) lenny-backports; urgency=low
>  .
>    * Rebuild for lenny-backports.
>  .

<cite="http://backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=contribute";>Before uploading
please think about how useful the package is for stable users and if you want
to support the package until support for the distribution you uploaded
ends.</cite>

This doesn't mean, you have to backport every minor change, but you should
take care for new major releases and of course, fixing security bugs until the
end of support for the target distribution.

So please ... keep care of you packages, think twice ... if you conclude you
are unable to support your packages, please don't upload them!

Regarding dh-ocaml, I did upload a recent package ... but I hope the origin
uploader will take care if it in the future.

Thanks and with kind regards, Jan.
--
Never write mail to <waja@spamfalle.info>, you have been warned!