Re: Testparm -v with Samba 3.4.3

Quoting James Zuelow (James_Zuelow@ci.juneau.ak.us):

> I expect testparm -v to display default values in addition to the summary, although I do admit I could be doing this wrong.  I don't actually use testparm all that often.
>
> Here's my output:
>
> city-test-lnx:~# testparm
.../...
> Press enter to see a dump of your service definitions
> ^C
> city-test-lnx:~# testparm -v
.../...
> Press enter to see a dump of your service definitions
> ^C

Well, you press ^C before things become innteresting..:-)

You should compare "testparm -s" and "testparm -s -v".

testparm will show you only smb.conf options that are not set to their
default values while "testparm -v" will show you the value of all your
smb.conf settings including those that *are* in smb.conf and have the
default value and those that are *not* in smb.conf and therefore have
their default value too.

From what I see with samba 3.4.3 in unstable, that works. Can you
check this for the backport (I don't have one handy)?