Re: Sponsor needed: mktorrent

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/mktorrent/mktorrent_1.0-3~bpo50+1.dsc

metainfo files
>>>  mktorrent is a text-based utility to create BitTorrent metainfo files
>>>  used by trackers and torrent clients. It can create metainfo files
for single
>>>  files or complete directories in a fast way.
>>>  .
>>>  It also supports:
>>>   - multiple trackers
>>>   - embed custom comments into the file
>>>   - dissalow DHT and Peer Exchange
>>>   - support for multi-threaded hashing
>
>  Out of curiosity - what's the advantage over btmakemetafile from either
> bittornado or bittorent package? It somehow isn't obvious what this
> backport would offer additional, and maybe that's the reason why you
> haven't found a sponsor for it yet.

I am using rtorrent and was looking for a way to create a metafile
(rtorrent does not support that).

Since

	apt-cache search torrent | grep create

did not turn up anything, I looked in testing and found mktorrent.

So, one advantage would be, if you are in the same situation as I was,
you now find a tool to create metafiles :).

From a technical point of view and a quick look at the bittornado
btmakemeta man page, it looks as if mktorrent has these additional features:

   - embed custom comments into the file
   - dissalow DHT and Peer Exchange
   - support for multi-threaded hashing

HTH