Re: OpenLDAP backport for Lenny?

Hi all!

>  F> Developers are really recommending not to use Lenny's 2.4.11
>  F> OpenLDAP because it's too buggy:

> (But then, the version in Debian Sid seems to be half an year
> old?)

We were involved (or if you want: impacted) in that "2.4.11 is buggy"
discussion. Because it's not that old, I also refused to believe this in
the first place, but a lot of strange behavior, especially around
replication, went away when we upgraded to 2.4.17, which is the version
currently in sid. That one is a lot better that 2.4.11. And it backports
to Lenny quite nicely; took me some 15 minutes or so.

I then tried to upgrade the sources of the backported package to the
latest OpenLDAP 2.4.19. (In the meanwhile, there is a 2.4.20; they take
the "release often" quite serious) That one failed on the very first
test which is part of the build process when I tried to backport it.

So if someone is looking for a short term solution which can be
implemented in 30 minutes, backport the version from sid.

Regards,
Torsten