backport of pybliographic?

Dear all,
	and apologies for cross-posting.

After requesting a backport and contacting the package maintainer last June with no luck, I managed to compile pybliographic from source on my debian lenny system.

It did work simply by downloading the source with apt-get and compiling with dpkg-buildpackage. I first got errors regarding missing cairo libraries (despite cairo packages being installed) but they were solved issuing "dpkg-reconfigure python-cairo" as suggested on some websites.

Since compilation was so smooth, I would be willing to produce a backport, if no-one better qualified than me volunteers to do so... How should I go about it?

Best regards,
	Matteo Semplice