Re: Updates in backports

Hi Paul,

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 04:37:55PM +0200, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> Alexander Wirt schreef:
> > Use the correct pinning as described on the "instructions" page or "apt-get
> > -t lenny-backports install <package>"
[…]
> When I want to use all parts of openoffice.org from backports, is it
> then enought when I pin the metapackage "openoffice.org", or do I need
> to pin every single package?

If you want to _install_ all of openoffice.org from bpo, then you either
have to pin every single package or use 'apt-get -t lenny-backports
install openoffice.org' - as noted by Alex and on the website.

Once you've installed it, pinning all of bpo to 200 will make sure that
it will be upgraded whenever bpo provides a newer version while no
further packages will be pulled from bpo automatically.

HTH,
Sebastian