Thanks and some feedback

Hello. My name is Juan, and first of all I'd like to thank you for the
great job you are doing with Debian backports.

I would like to make you a suggestion. There are many users, like me,
who prefer debian stable over testing for their desktop machine, but
also feel a bit disappointed for being forced to use outdated desktop
apps most of the lifetime of the stable release. For example, using Gimp
2.4 until 2010, when squeeze reaches stable.

I think if you make more backports of such desktop apps, there would be
a big volume of users that would find it very useful. Such apps include
Gimp, VLC, Audacity, etc.. And of course OpenOffice.org, which you are
already backporting.

Thank you very much. Best Regards,
Juan.