Some stuff: grsec 2.12 for Lenny and Etch as well as usbip for Lenny

Hello!

Some stuff that might be interesting for someone:

usbip for Lenny:
- http://people.teamix.net/~ms/debian/lenny-backports/usbip/

Binding an USB DVD burner worked partially. It was listed by lsusb but there
were errors in dmesg as the kernel tried to recognize it as mass storage
device. Tested with kernel drivers in 2.6.28 staging. Did not test
usbip-source.

grsec 2.1.2 for Lenny:
http://people.teamix.net/~ms/debian/lenny/grsec/

Appears to work nicely. Kernel package is just a make-kpkg one using Debian
standard config + high security configuration + sysfs interface but without
PAX_MEMORY_UDEREF as it gives low performance with at least some, possibly
all paravirtualization solutions.

gradm 2.1.2 is needed cause the one in Lenny doesn't work with
linux-patch-grsecurity2[1].

I think I will provide updates for this as needed, but its not suitable for
backports.org cause I upgraded gradm2 package myself and it is not even in
unstable[2]. Probably I should use lenny1 or so as suffix for packages like
this.

grsec 2.1.2 for Etch:
http://people.teamix.net/~ms/debian/etch-backports/grsec/

See above. I think I won't provide updates for these. Its more of a proof of
concept.

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/517977
[2] http://bugs.debian.org/517634

Ciao,
--
Martin Steigerwald - team(ix) GmbH - http://www.teamix.de
gpg: 19E3 8D42 896F D004 08AC A0CA 1E10 C593 0399 AE90