Backporting debhelper

debhelper 7.0.50 introduced a very nice override feature which makes
writing minimal debhelper 7 rules files much easier.  In the past, I've
usually kept my packages at an older version of debhelper until all
features were available in stable, but this particular feature saves a
huge amount of fiddly effort.  I'd therefore like to start using it even
with packages that I'll need to backport.

This means that I'd like to get a newer debhelper into backports.org.
However, debhelper 7.1 introduced changes that I'm afraid may break other
dh_* support scripts in packages in lenny.

What would people think of a backport of debhelper 7.0.52 for lenny?  This
was the last stable version before the command line parsing changes and
should be a fairly safe backport.  It is, however, not the current version
in squeeze, so it doesn't follow the normal backports.org rules.

I can prepare the backport (it's trivial) if people are okay with that
version.