Re: RFS: gnash (updated backport)

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 12:08:18PM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 01:30:02AM +0200, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> >
> > --- Sylvain Beucler <beuc@beuc.net> escribió:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I backported Gnash, migrated April 6, for Etch
> > > (see attached trivial interdiff as well as
> > >  http://doc.cliss21.com/index.php?title=Backport_Gnash
> > >  for details).
> >
> > Be careful not to link it against GPLv2 only libraries (qt and KDE), as Gnash
> > is GPLv3 and GPLv2 only is incompatible with GPLv3. I hope you have checked
> > that :)
> > Latest versions of Qt and KDE in Debian are distributed under GPLv3 too, but
> > I'm not sure about the backported ones.
>
> Urgh.  I didn't.   I assumed the package's build-depends already took care of
> this.
>
> Now that I check, the Depends will prevent the kde build from being installed,
> but not from being built.  AFAIK, building with GPLv2 headers requires
> compatibility as well, since all the copyrighted declarations are propagated
> to our object code.  My upload should be removed.
>
> Let's backport Qt then?  Sylvain, are you interested in doing that?  I don't
> want to step on your toes again ;-)

Hi,

Feel free to proceed with the backports :)

I played with Qt, and essentially I downgraded the dh_helper version
from 6 to 5, fixed a package rename to avoid relying on backported
Firebird, and I avoided cowbuilder in this particular case because of
a bug!  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=475181

The bug report contains more precise steps to redo the Qt backport.

--
Sylvain