Re: Accepted libdaemons-ruby 1.0.9-1~bpo40+1 (source all i386)

Micah Anderson schrieb am Tuesday, den 08. January 2008:

Hi,

*snip*
> I guess I do not understand the instructions on the website:
>
> 	Include all changelog entries since the last version on backports.org or
> 	since stable if it’s the first version.
>
> The last version on backports.org is 1.0.8-1, the next version in
> testing is 1.0.9-1, with no versions between. The above sentence from
> the contribute page means to me, "Include any changelog entries after
> 1.0.8-1 up to 1.0.9-1", which is what I did.
"up to" means including 1.0.9-1 which is not in your changes file.

*snip*

> However, if I am reading you correctly, it seems like you would like
> included in the *.changes file the package changelogs, as well as any
> backports.org changes that were required to backport the package
> (duplicating what is in /usr/share/doc/<package>/changelog.Debian),
> correct?
Yes, thats what meaned with the part of

      Include all changelog entries since the last version on backports.org or
      since stable if it’s the first version. You should to this by passing
      “-v<version>” to dpkg-buildpackage. Eg: ‘debuild -sa -v0.7.5-2’, where
      ‘0.7.5-2’ is the version in stable.

Which is meaned like include the changes done in testing since the last
version in backports.

> Thanks for pointing this out, I would like to make sure I am doing it
> correctly, and if this is clarified I'd be happy to suggest some
> alternate re-wording of the instructions to make it more explicitly
> clear so future people will not fail to read the proper meaning.
Please go ahead :)

Alex