Good practise for using etch-backports when lenny is released

I have the following question:
if I am using etch, and do not upgrade immediatly when lenny is released should I then disable etch-backports from my sources.list ?

From what I understand in this mail
if I keep etch-backports in my sources.list after Lenny is released, I may get packages backported from Squeeze, which may break a later etch2lenny upgrade

openForce Information Technology GesmbH
It is a book about a Spanish guy called Manual. You should read it.
        -- Dilbert