Re: [GENERAL] Re: [Pkg-postgresql-public] Postgres major version support policy on Debian

Hi,

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> And the problem is that this scheme defines certain buckets
> of packages such as stable, testing, unstable, volatile, backports, etc.
> that have relationships between them.  And unfortunately the maintenance
> model that Markus wants for postgresql-8.2 does not fit into any
> existing bucket yet.  So the proper fix would be defining a new bucket,
> which can probably be a very difficult task.

..or simply use another bucket. I'm trying to help Martin Pitt with
general purpose Postgres packaging. Maybe we can revive Postgres 8.2 for
Debian that way. Or do you see any immediate problem with that strategy?

Regards

Markus Wanner