Re: postgresql-8.2

Hi,

I myself wrote:
> I plan to read the manuals about maintaining Debian
> packages, but some help in reviewing and getting them on backports.org
> would be greatly appreciated.

I'm still maintaining the point, that Postgres 8.2 should be provided by
backports.org.

I've used self-compiled 8.2.9 packages on some production servers for a
while now. On Monday, 8.2.10 (among others) has been released and I
wanted to upgrade again. I've chosen to setup a repository to simplify
upgrading the affected servers, you can currently access it under:
http://www.bluegap.ch/debian, it currently only provides Postgres
etch-backports for amd64 and i386.

Can these packages maybe move back into the backports, please? I'm
willing to maintain the 8.2 branch for etch.

Regards

Markus Wanner