Re: qemu depends on missing openbios-sparc

 > Hi, please upload openbios-sparc to bpo since qemu/bpo depends on
 > it, even if it can be installed from testing.

[...]

 > I used dpkg --force-all -i to install openbios-sparc and then used
 > apt-get to install the other packages which solved this dependency
 > hell but I do not think that using bpo should require either
 > knowing and using dpkg --force-... or alternatively adding testing
 > to the sources.list and using pinning.

	But isn't pinning the recommended way to solve exactly this
	problem?

--cut: www.backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=contribute--
Packaging

   Basic Rules
     * Reconsider if the package can be installed directly from testing
       without any recompilation and handled via pinning
--cut: www.backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=contribute--

	Why should the efforts on watching over the package be
	duplicated, when it's possible to avoid it?