Re: Recent tex-common upgrade breaks LaTeX

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 05:07:33PM +0200, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On So, 17 Aug 2008, Erik Mouw wrote:
> > and hence remove any TeX support. If you then install texlive-base-bin
> > from bpo, you can't install texlive-latex-base because that is not yet
> > backported. I guess the best solution is to backport at least the
>
> I disagree, the guidelines from bpo say that if a package can be
> installed from testing using pinning then it should not be backported. I
> have done the backport only of telxive-bin, since the other texlive
> packages can and should be taken from testing.

Right now it is impossible to install tetex with a standard etch+bpo
installation because tetex depends on an older version of tex-common.

> > texlive LaTeX parts as the alternative would be to remove texlive from
>
> That would be a bad move.
>
> If you want to stay with texlive 2005 (or tetex) why did you install the
> tex-common from bpo?

I tried to force install tex-common, that usually solves dependency
problems that apt can't handle.

Erik

--
Erik Mouw -- mouw@nl.linux.org
GPG key fingerprint: D6AC 7F15 A26E C5C4 62E0  4A58 FCF9 551C 9B48 B68D