Re: Questions for backporting LyX

Sven Hoexter schrieb am Sonntag, den 30. Dezember 2007:

> Hi,
> after some more user requests I'd like to create an official LyX backport.
> I've now taken a first look and I've a few question some of you maybe
> can answer before I start to search for a sponsor.
>
> a) The new LyX package uses dh_icons which is avaible in debhelper starting
> with 5.0.51. What's the current policy for such changes? Is it ok to remove
> the dh_icons call and lower the version dependency for debhelper or do I
> have to backport debhelper along with LyX?
>  I'm even unsure if the rest of the freedesktop infrastructure for dh_icons
> is avaible in etch. So it's possibly the best solution to remove the dh_icons
> call anyway.
Jupp, thats okay with me, just remove it.

> b) The new LyX package conflicts with the latex-beamer package in etch.
> Since it's a arch=all it could be installed from testing if needed or
> should I backport this one aswell?
Why does it conflict? Is the reason for the conflict also valid for a pure etch system?

> c) Since tetex is deprecated we removed all the alternative dependencies
> for tetex from the LyX package. Should I re-add them for a backport or
> is it ok to 'force' the user to switch to texlive?
Please readd them for the backport. Forcing users to texlive is not a good
idea.

*snip*

Alex

--
Alexander Wirt, formorer@formorer.de
CC99 2DDD D39E 75B0 B0AA  B25C D35B BC99 BC7D 020A