Re: New policy for backports.org

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 03:08:15PM +0200, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> from now on we have some small changes in our upload policy. Biggest changes
> are the new version numbers and the inclu??ion of debian changelogs. Please
> read it carefuly and post any questions to the ml.

Imho, the policy should also contain information about how to handle
oldstable-bpo. IIrc, the following rules have been agreed upon:

 * The version (if any) in ${release + 1}-bpo has to be higher than in
   ${release}-bpo. The new version numbers will do just that.

 * If a package in ${release}-bpo has a higher version number than the
   package in ${release + 1}, the package has to be uploaded to ${release +
   1}-bpo as well. This way an upgrade path from ${release} + ${release}-bpo
   to ${release + 1} + ${release + 1}-bpo is available.

Cheers,
Sebastian