Problem with booting kernel 2.6.20-21 amd64 on etch

Hi folks,

I'm using a fairly stock etch machine (no testing or unstable packages -
only volatile and a couple non-Debian packages).  Yesterday i upgraded
my kernel from 2.6.18 to both 2.6.20 and 2.6.21, and neither would even
boot as far as the initrd.  Both seemed to fail (although not
consistently) when the agpart driver notices the stolen memory
(borrowed? missing? can't remember the exact name).

My machine is a Core 2 Duo E6300, Intel DG965WH mobo, 4 GB DDR2 533 RAM.
 I've attached my /proc/cpuinfo and lspci -n output for reference.

Any ideas what to do about this?  I'd really like to get my on-board
Marvell PATA controller working, which is only supported in 2.6.19 or later.

Thanks,
Paul
<http://paulgear.webhop.net>
--
Did you know?  OpenOffice.org has built-in PDF creation.  Better yet,
it's compatible with Microsoft Office, and free!  Find out more at