Re: amd64: subversion_1.3.2-5~bpo1 broken(?)

Daniel Franke wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> >What does this say?
> >
> >  apt-cache policy libneon24
>
> $> apt-cache policy libneon24
> COMPAT_ARCHS: i686 i586 i486 i386 all
> libneon24:
>  Installed: 0.24.7.dfsg-2 [i386]
>  Candidate: 0.24.7.dfsg-2 [i386]
>  Version Table:
> *** 0.24.7.dfsg-2 0 [i386]

I do not see that COMPAT_ARCHS: line at all.  I see exactly this and
nothing more.

  libneon24:
    Installed: 0.24.7.dfsg-2
    Candidate: 0.24.7.dfsg-2
    Version Table:
   *** 0.24.7.dfsg-2 0
          500 http://amd64.debian.net sarge/main Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Where is COMPAT_ARCHS coming from?  I have never encountered it in
this context before and am sure that if it is explained the the root
of your problem will be explained.  I am guessing by some method your
machine has been configured to be compatible with the i[3456]86
architectures and therefore apt is doing what it is being told to do
by installing the i386.deb file.

Does anyone on the list know about COMPAT_ARCHS and could educate us
here?

Danial, For some additional information can you show us your
/etc/apt/sources.list file?  I am expecting to see something like
this:

  deb http://www.backports.org/debian/ sarge-backports main

But I suspect that we will find something different there.

Bob