Re: Upgrade to etch save?

* Moritz Lenz wrote:
> I think I remember that there where packages (perhaps oo.org or
> firefox?) that where newer in bpo than in etch. Is that still the
> case? or was that never the case?

It happens from time to time, when we decide to fix a security issue
in a backports before the fixed package gets into testing.

> I'm planning to do an upgrade to etch pretty soon, are there any
> special things to do when using packages from bpo?

No. Just check if there are still any backports on your system after
upgrading to etch with this command:

COLUMNS=160 dpkg -l | grep bpo

Yes, it may give some false positives... :-)

                Norbert