Re: Building with pbuilder was: submitting backported ntfs-3g ?

Mikhail Ramendik wrote:
[...]
> Also: pbuilder refuses to run that create command as user, as it tries to
> write to /var/cache . Do I really have to run it as root, or is there some
> other way, i.e. do a chown on /var/cache/pbuilder ?

As Loic already said, it is necessery to effectively run it as root.
A convenient way is to setup pbuilder with sudo(8), so you
dont have to fiddle about the root account. Once setup, you simply
prepend "sudo" to your pbuilder calls, like "sudo pbuilder ...".

	Andreas