Questions for backporting LyX

Hi,
after some more user requests I'd like to create an official LyX backport.
I've now taken a first look and I've a few question some of you maybe
can answer before I start to search for a sponsor.

a) The new LyX package uses dh_icons which is avaible in debhelper starting
with 5.0.51. What's the current policy for such changes? Is it ok to remove
the dh_icons call and lower the version dependency for debhelper or do I
have to backport debhelper along with LyX?
 I'm even unsure if the rest of the freedesktop infrastructure for dh_icons
is avaible in etch. So it's possibly the best solution to remove the dh_icons
call anyway.

b) The new LyX package conflicts with the latex-beamer package in etch.
Since it's a arch=all it could be installed from testing if needed or
should I backport this one aswell?

c) Since tetex is deprecated we removed all the alternative dependencies
for tetex from the LyX package. Should I re-add them for a backport or
is it ok to 'force' the user to switch to texlive?

It would be nice if someone could answer these questions and if anybody
is willing to sponsor an upload that would be great too.

For the needed boost 1.34 backport I've send a mail to the boost pkg list
to ask if they're interested to upload one but I guess I've to backport
boost aswell.

Cheers,
Sven
--
There's no need for tears, cause there's no need to cry.
That love that you leave will never be denied.