RFC: binutils backport

Hello.

I have to work with large C++ projects, and I'm badly beaten by unpleasant
ld bug present in etch version, that makes linking at least 20x slower.
E.g. 7 seconds in sarge, 1.5 minutes in etch.

In debian, this bug is reported as #404204 and as #407877.

Bug is fixed in version of binutils that is currently in testing and
unstable (although those bugs are not closed).

I'm currently using a locally-built backport of that binutils version.

Is it ok to upload it to backports.org?
(I'm unsure since binutils is an 'infrastructural' package - so asking)