Re: [Pkg-lyx-devel] backporting lyx 1.5.2 to Etch (libboost questions)

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 09:44:31PM +0100, emisca wrote:
> How I can handle the binary package libboost-dev backporting boost
> 1.34? It would update the 1.33 one.. and that's bad for Etch.
>
> If I rename it, there would be problems updating some day to lenny,
> and compiling packages using it.
>
> Someone can help me?

Create a etch chroot, build boost 1.34 in it, install the now backported
boost 1.34 packages in this chroot and build lyx 1.5.2 in this chroot
with the installed boost 1.34.

Of course you should not build anything else in this chroot that depends
on boost.

Sven
--
I want to believe in a freedom that's bold
But all I remember is the freedom of old