Re: Just curious: why the xorg exception?

* ciol <ciol13@gmail.com> [2007-11-08 13:53:22 CET]:
> "However, there are a few backports only which are made from unstable
> (security updates and the following exceptions: firefox, kernel,
> openoffice.org, xorg)."
>
> Why there is an exception for xorg?

 I would guess because of its nature and being damn close to the
hardware. Having new drivers for graphics hardware outweights not having
user-based testing - and from what I know the xorg team does pretty
intensive tests before they upload stuff to unstable themself already.

 So long,
Rhonda