Re: Update Digikam 0.9.2 in Etch

Henk Vuijk <henkvuijk@zonnet.nl> wrote:
> I'm looking for a more recent version of Digikam than the outdated version
> with Etch.
> Any chance somebody is working on an update of digikam for etch?

Hello,

I had once built my own backport of 0.9.2 when evaluating image
managment software. It was quite straightforward, I just needed to
rebuild digikam itself and two or three support libraries (libkdcraw,
libkexiv2 afaict.) on etch without any source changes.

I am not going to provide a backport on bpop, though, since I am not
using digikam.

cu andreas
so grateful to you.'