Re: Pinning openoffice

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 09:03:37AM +0200, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> I am wondering, if I need to pin all dependencies from openoffice.org to get
>
> -> openoffice.org installed from etch-backports
> -> to get updates when available

You need to pin the package you want to install from backports.org and all of
its dependencies that cannot be satisfied from Etch. In some cases this might
be a pretty high number of packages, thus you might want to use

  aptitude/apt-get install -t etch-backports <package>

This will install <package> and all of its dependencies which are available on
backports.org from backports.org. If you just want a minimal set of
dependencies installed from backports.org, you might want to install the
package from stable first and then upgrade to the version in backports.org:

  aptitude/apt-get install <package>
  aptitude/apt-get install -t etch-backports <package>

HTH,
Sebastian