Re: fail2ban needs updating ... DoS issue CVE-2006-6302

On 2007-02-22 10:05, Stuart Rowan wrote:
> As mentioned here:
> http://www.cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2006-6302
>
> So I think it would be worth getting the current etch version into
> sarge-backports?

The etch version changes the entire configuration file layout and
syntax and requires substantial attention by the admin.

But I agree that this should probably be fixed and I wonder whether
a simple change to the regexp wouldn't do.

I am really busy right now. If you could link up with upstream and
figure out a patch against the 0.6 version on bpo, I will upload
your fix immediately. That would be really nice and help me out
a lot.

"being shot is not as bad as i always thought it might be.
 as long as you can keep the fear from your mind."
                                          -- special agent dale cooper