Re: Subversion broken in backports.org?

Christian Hammers <ch@westend.com> writes:

> After upgrading libsvn0 from 1.1.4-2 to the current backport
> version 1.3.2-5~bpo1 it started segfaulting. It seemed to do some
> things like checkout/update but then printed:
> 	ch@xeniac:/usr/local/ewu/devel/XXXXXXX/src$ svn up
> 	Revision 47.
> 	Killed by signal 15.

This message is harmless and is printed by ssh.  It'll go away if
you also upgrade ssh from backports.org...

  subversion (1.3.1-3) unstable; urgency=medium

    [...]
    * ssh-no-sigkill.patch: new patch to SIGTERM (instead of SIGKILL) the
      tunnel agent, which is usually ssh.  We can do this now that #313371
      is fixed.  (Closes: #335528)

  openssh (1:4.2p1-6) unstable; urgency=low

    [...]
    * When the client receives a signal, don't fatal() with "Killed by signal
      %d." (which produces unhelpful noise on stderr and causes confusion for
      users of some applications that wrap ssh); instead, generate a debug
      message and exit with the traditional status (closes: #313371).

--
  ,''`.
 : :' :        Romain Francoise <rfrancoise@debian.org>