Re: Bad dependency in the libsasl2-2 package

On 2/2/07, Huaqing Zheng <huasome@gmail.com> wrote:
On 2/1/07, Jan Wagner <waja@cyconet.org> wrote:
> On Friday 02 February 2007 02:18, Huaqing Zheng wrote:
> > Looks like libsasl2-2 in backports has a bad dependency.  It has a
> > conflict postfix (<< 2.3.4-3).  Except postfix 2.1.5-9 in stable
>
> The depency was set by package maintainer and not by backporter (me in this
> case). The problem is, that libsasl2-2 requires new postfix to work.

Er, no it doesn't.  libsasl2-2 doesn't send out mail.  The reason the
conflict existed in the testing/unstable release of libsasl2-2 is
because postfix in testing/unstable depends on libsasl2-2.  One of the
versions of postfix in testing/unstable was unhappy with the version
of libsasl2-2 in testing/unstable.  However, the postfix in stable
does not depend on libsasl2 at all, so installing libsasl2-2 from
backports onto a stable system should require a postfix upgrade.

Er, Sorry.  Should NOT require a postfix upgrade.
--
Huaqing Zheng
Beer and Code Wrangler at Large