Re: Backporting howto

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 06:01:07PM -0400, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto/howtos/debcustomize

I read it already.

> Fundamentally, backporting is a sort of package customization.  The
> only
> topic I don't really treat is that of selecting a proper version
> number
                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is one of the most important things.

> that is compatible with the www.backports.org versioning scheme.
> Also,
> you may need to backport multiple packages in your case if the
> dependencies are not already available in stable.

I know how to backport packages for my own use. I have backported a lot
of packages for use on servers I'm administering (I even backported
SElinux two years ago). But I'd like to have canonical recipes for
backporting package and uploading it to b.d.o as nonDD.

Thanks anyway