Re: default pin

also sprach Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@panthera-systems.net> [2006.06.23.1526 +0200]:

also sprach Sylvain Beucler <beuc@beuc.net> [2006.06.23.1528 +0200]:
> -1 also blocks upgrades - at least in apt/preferences.

So then make it 200, which is better than the current default of
500.

On second thought, I vote for 0 << x << 100, this will not break
upgrades, but it also requires explicit approval (by adding a stanza
to /etc/apt/preferences) before a package is installed. bpo is for
stable systems, we should make sure that we're not making it too
easy to make the installed package selection "unstable".

Anyway, anything less than 500 would be an improvement, the lower
you go, the happier I'll be. :)

spamtraps: madduck.bogus@madduck.net

"fools ignore complexity. pragmatics suffer it.
 some can avoid it. geniuses remove it."
                                                      -- alan perlis