Re: Evince backport proposal

Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 10:34:35AM +0200, Daniel Baumann wrote:
>> Sylvain Beucler wrote:
>>> I made a backport of evince 0.4
>> can you please backport the testing version, we don't want unstable
>> backports on backports.org (except for security updates of already
>> accepded backports). Alternatively, you could wait until the -2 enters
>> testing.
>
> What is the rationale behind this policy?

It ensures that bpo will not have a newer version of a package when etch
ships, hopefully ensuring upgrade paths - it bpo shiped openoffice.org
2.1.2 and etch shiped 2.1.1, then users who think they have etch will
actually have an etch/sarge-bpo hybrid which may not be supported (for
example by the security team).