Re: Problem with kernel-update

Til Obes <til.obes@stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

> hmm ok it was my fault, i forgot the -t sarge-backports.
> So the paket managment system doesnt remember, from where the
> kernel was installed and where to get upgrades?

No, yes, it does remember (somehow) where it got a package from.  But if
you upgrade the package, it won't install more backports if the updated
backport package requires that.  Instead, with "apt* upgrade", it will
hold back the backport, and with "apt* install" (but without -t
sarge-backports), it will do its best - and that's removing grub in this
case.  It will never install a new backport unless you explicitly
request this with -t sarge-backports.

Regards, Frank

--
Frank Küster