Re: Strange Behavior with teTeX Packages

 f> You must have installed tetex-doc (and probably -base and -extra) from
 f> stable/proposed-updates.  But this upload has been rejected, and
 f> therefore the version is no longer available anywhere (at least I think
 f> so, if it's still in proposed-updates, you probably have removed that
 f> from your sources.list).

 f> Consequently apt thinks that you have previously installed
 f> tetex-{base,extra,doc} via "apt-get -t sarge-backports install ..." and
 f> wants to upgrade them.

Ah, now I understand the mechanism behind it...

Btw.: Why has this version been rejected? (I've seen it for quite a
long time...)

 f> To solve this, downgrade your tetex-packages to 2.0.2c-8 (the
 f> differences are minor and only interesting if you don't have write
 f> access to /usr/local, e.g. because it is  mounted via nfs from a server
 f> on which you cannot write.

 f> If you in fact *do* use LaTeX or any other TeX system for documents that
 f> you write yourself, I strongly suggest that you use the backports -
 f> 2.0.2 is three years old and really outdated, both in terms of (La)TeX
 f> packages and of the pdfTeX version.

OK, I think I'll do so, but...

 F> Right, but the current version suffers from bug #357429...

... I'll wait for the bugfix. ;-)

Thanks, HP.

Dipl.-Math. Hubert Palme        Bergische Universitaet Wuppertal
Zentrum fuer Informations-
und Medienverarbeitung (ZIM)           D-42097 Wuppertal
E-Mail: palme@uni-wuppertal.de             (Germany)