Re: mysql broken on amd64 ?

Mickael Marchand a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am setting up a new server (actually a 'vserver'), and installed mysql
> from backports into it.
> as I am testing our website, I noticed that mysql sometimes get stuck on
> some queries (like INSERT INTO). It locks down the whole website :/
> It's not always stuck but sometimes it does. It seems to be quite random.
>
> sadly I can't gdb the server because of the vserver (ptrace is locked).
> the only thing I can do is to kill -9 mysql's locked thread.
> (/etc/init.d/mysql stop does not work either)
>
> I will investigate more on monday probably.
>
> has anybody else seen something similar ?
>
> Cheers,
> Mik
>
> PS: cc-me please

now I can confirm mysql-server 5.0 is awfully broken on amd64, I've been
able to reproduce with a real fresh amd64 installation.

I had to get back to mysql 4.1.

wanna test ?
install server 5.0, install horde, try to load horde's mysql script to
create the database, enjoy the infinite locks on INSERT

advice : don't use it

since there is no debug symbols, I can't provide a usefull backtrace sadly.

I'll try to rebuild with debug enabled some time near.

Cheers,
Mik