kernel 2.6.15 compile extra modules needs gcc-4.0????

Hi, thanks to those doing the backports work!

I'm trying to compile an additional module for the backported 2.6.15 kernel.

I get the warning "invalid module format" when trying to load the module, which is because the kernel was built with gcc-4.0, and the module was not.

gcc-4.0 isn't available on sarge or backports. What was the build environment for this kernel, and how can I duplicate it? Do I need a sid chroot?

(Is gcc-4.0 mandatory for new kernels now? If not, it would be much more useful for the backport kernel to be built with a gcc from sarge.)

--
Brian_Brunswick____brian@ithil.org____Wit____Disclaimer____!Shortsig_rules!