Re: Backports is better than Ubuntu because it fixes the right problem

* Ben Vinger wrote:
> But Ubuntu is not solving the real problem directly, which is the
> developers abandoning a distro on its release day (apart from
> security updates).

I think Ubuntu never wanted to solve _this_ problem, so the comparison
is not really fair.

> That is why I appreciated Backports so much - you are fixing the
> right problem.

For me, backports.org is still a workaround. Not for the problem you
mentioned, but for Debians long release cycles.

By the way... backports for Ubuntu exists, and I'd say those are a bit
more official than the packages from backports.org.

                Norbert