Missing packages

I was following along in a well written article on installing xen on debian sarge at
http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/423 when I encountered this error:

walnut:/home/jwl# apt-get install lsb-base/sarge-backport
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
E: Release 'sarge-backport' for 'lsb-base' was not found

I installed a few other packages from sarge-backport, so I'm assuming I'm configured correctly.  I went on to see what might happen if I didn't get to install that package and this error popped up:

walnut:/home/jwl# apt-get install xen-hypervisor-3.0-i386 xen-utils-3.0
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

  xen-utils-3.0: Depends: udev (> 0.060) but 0.056-3 is to be installed
E: Broken packages

No mention of udev in the article or at least nothing up to that step, but I decide to try to install udev from backports:

walnut:/home/jwl# apt-get install udev/sarge-backport
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
E: Release 'sarge-backport' for 'udev' was not found

OK,  well on the off chance it's in the sarge repo, I tried:

walnut:/home/jwl# apt-get install udev
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
udev is already the newest version.

Any suggestions as to what I might try next?  I downloaded the latest xen binaries and tried them, but they don't boot.  For some reason they can't find my disks.

Thanks,
Jim.