Re: hplip backport

Hi Sylvain,

I did some investigation on my system:

1.) lsusb does not show my OfficeJet 6110
2.) It is shown in the Infocenter of KDE and it is available for printing.
3.) Hp-setup can not find any printer, probably due to "no printer" for lsusb
4.) Invoking hp-setup with the necessary "HP Model" via copy and paste from
Infocenter does not change anything.
5.) Kernel and udevd always find this printer and connect it through
driver/usblp
6.) start in init.d always stops after launching hpssd (python script). As I
could see in you very good documentation, you did a workaround to avoid
backport of python.

--> 2 possible points:
	usb
	python

So in my opinion further steps should be:

Backport current usbutils  (0.72 instead of 0.70)
--> see, whether lsusb will show the printer
reinstall hplip again
test hp-setup
if it does not work, check backport of python

Important:

Is anyone working on a backport of usbutils??

please send me your backport, if available. So I will check the first steps.

Thanks!

Wolfgang Schnitker