Re: Backporting howto

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 10:05:30PM +0200, Milan P. Stanic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone knows of document which describes backporting process in detail?

I have written a HOWTO on customizing Debian packages:

http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto/howtos/debcustomize

Fundamentally, backporting is a sort of package customization.  The only
topic I don't really treat is that of selecting a proper version number
that is compatible with the www.backports.org versioning scheme.  Also,
you may need to backport multiple packages in your case if the
dependencies are not already available in stable.

If you have any question, please let me know.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez