[tytso@mit.edu: Re: e2fsprogs backport?]

   Theodore Tso's reply didn't make it to the mailing-list, I guess
because he may not have subscribed to it, so here it is.

  It's seems that the backport is safe, so if someone could please
review and upload those packages ? Thank you very much.

--
Boris Dorès
--- Begin Message ---
On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 05:00:04AM +0200, Boris Dorès wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 02:02:56PM (GMT+0200), Frederik wrote:
> > Recent kernel versions, like the one in backports.org, support ext3
> > online resizing. But to do this, e2fsprogs >= 1.39 is required, while
> > Sarge has 1.37. Could a backport me made?
>
>   But I wonder whether it is wise to include it in sarge-backports,
> because there was a lot of changes between 1.37 and 1.39, and numerous
> packages depend on the included libraries.
>
>   Maybe Mr Theodore Y. Ts'o might give us some usefull insight about that ?

I do a lot of testing before releases e2fsprogs releases, and 1.39
fixes a lot of bugs.  So I think it would be safe to include it in
backports.

Regards,

						- Ted

--- End Message ---