Problem with debhelper from backports.org

Hi,

I just discovered a problem with debhelper available from backports.org which occurs when using the script dh_gconf from within debian/rules of a package. dh_gconf generates a portion in the resulting package's postinst script calling /usr/sbin/gconf-schemas which does not exist in the gconf2 package from Sarge. This results in dpkg failing to configure the package on installation.

As a hotfix I commented out the generated call to gconf-schemas in the postinst script of the installed package and ran apt-get -f install. The backported package (gnucash from unstable, but with other local changes) seems to work even without the call to gconf-schemas.

I have no clue yet whether this call to gconf-schemas generated by dh_gconf leads to something useful that I might miss now. If someone could shed some light on it I would appreciate it. :)

Thanks in advance for any comment.

  Micha